This page contains useful resources, including presentations and articles from other institutions interested in co-operative development.
Co-operative Transport, Uganda
The Research department recently organised a conference on Co-operative Transport in Uganda, to which serveral co-operative organisations were invited to participate. Each organisation that attended prepared a short presentation addressing the following points, and some of the presentations can be downloaded below:
· General background about your co-operative organisation
· What services does your co-operative provide?
· Does your co-operative provide transport services, and if so, how do you organise this?
· What are your co-operative’s transport needs?
· What are your aims for transport provision?
· How would you like to improve your transport services?
You can also download the presentation given at the workshop by Transaid:
Swedish Co-operative Centre
The Swedish Co-operative Centre has a number of useful resources on its website including this article on the importance of investing in women farmers.
Rural Development and Management Centre, India
The Rural Development and Management Centre in New Dehli, India, is a non-governmental organisation which aims “to develop and improve human resource as a contributory factor to strengthen civil society aimed at uplifting the conditions of rural poor, farmers, both men and women, and small and medium enterprises through better governance and management”. The centre conducts research and offers various types of colloborative training and development programmes. It has produced some useful articles and presentations which discuss agricultural co-operatives. These include:
- NEDAC General Assembly and Seminar on National Policies for the Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia. Bangkok. Thailand
Social Economy in Turkey
The following papers provide useful information about the social economy in Turkey:
Oromia and the Ethiopain Co-operative Sector
Below are some recent newsletters from ICA-Americas:
- ICA Americas Newsletter 6 September 2010
- ICA- Americas Newsletter 4 December 2009
- ICA- Americas Newsletter 3 September 2009
- ICA-Americas Newsletter 2 June 2009
- ICA-Americas Newsletter 1 May 2009
National Co-operative Archive
Located in central Manchester, the National Co-operative Archive is home to a wide array of records relating to the history of the worldwide co-operative movement.