Co-operative Apprenticeship Framework
The Co-operative College has launched a new Co-operative Apprenticeship Framework in partnership with Business Impact, combining the development of key skills with awareness of the co-operative values and principles in business situations. Learners who successfully complete an apprenticeship will be offered an additional award in ‘applying co-operative values’.
Apprenticeships on offer:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business & Administration (suitable for those working as administrators, office juniors and receptionists).
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business & Administration.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Team Leading.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Management.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Retail Skills.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Retail Skills (Sales Professional & Management).
Angela Colebrook, Customer Relationship Manager at the Co-operative College, said: “We are delighted to be teaming up with Business Impact to offer a co-operative apprenticeship framework. The apprenticeships will help develop skills which are vital in today’s world of work, including problem-solving and working with others. We also believe it is crucial that knowledge and understanding gained during the apprenticeships is applied in the workplace, and we will emphasise how skills gained can be used in everyday life.”
Janet Simms, Head of Co-operative Learning and Development, added: “What makes this a ‘co-operative’ apprenticeship is that, in addition to their core, work-related qualifications, the apprentices are going to learn about co-operative values and principles and how to embed the values in the way they perform their job role. They will maintain a journal through which they will reflect upon and review how effectively they have put their co-operative values ‘in action’ when dealing with customers, colleagues and others and make observations about other opportunities for their organisation to ‘live’ co-operative values and principles.”
Full funding is available for 16-18 year olds, and co-funding is available for learners who are 19 years old and over, along with an employer contribution.
For more information please see Co-operative Apprenticeship Framework leaflet below or contact Angela Colebrook at email@example.com or on 0161 246 2951.
Published On: September 11, 2012
Written By: Natalie
Filed Under: Co-operative Learning